Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Me and My Favorite Hobby



This is me a few weeks ago. I love climbing. I love how much it pushes me out of my comfort zone. I know it sounds ridiculous to some people but that is the most enticing thing about this sport for me. I don't care if I can ever redpoint a 5.12a. So what? I'm happy for people who can.

But every time I get up there it is exhiliarating. Have you ever been so high in off the ground that birds were below you?? I have. And I'll tell you I was terrified every time but I loved it! I'm afraid of heights. So much so that my legs shake on every climb. Climbing isn't difficult for me physically (not the level I climb at anyway) but mentally it sure is!


Most people avoid their fears. But I think whatever you avoid facing becomes that 800 pound invisible gorilla chasing you around the rest of your life. I like to face that gorilla head on. And so I climb.

Just my thoughts for the day. Hope you all are well.

No comments: