Saturday, April 28, 2007

Drama drama drama

You know I despise drama and there's nothing more dramatic than a few of the girls on this trip. One of them is someone I have known for a few years and she's pretty nice. We get along well but aren't close. We simply hang out at different events and chat.

She brought a friend along with her, a young man from Detroit (we'll call him Detroit). I chatted with him throughout the day yesterday and thought he was very sweet and fun.


Well last night a group of us went out to the city to have dinner. Detroit and I went out by ourselves because we wanted Mexican food (when in Rome! Ahh, I'm in Cozumel if I didn't fill you in already). So it was just the two of us and we eventually ended up at this cute little place.

We had a lovely time with great drinks, conversation and food. A little group of mariachi men even played for us! I love those guys (yes it was like that scene in Jerry Maguire. Except we didn't talk about our Xs and our horrid past loves). It was wonderful, one of the best evenings I've had in quite awhile. And definitely the best night I've had with a man in months, I mean close to 6 months, maybe longer.

There was definitely flirtation and mutual interest. Eventually we made our way back to a dance club where others in our group were hanging out. We continued to talk and drink and flirt.

But apparently that wasn't ok by her. Her friend told me to not hook up with him and that was that. We continued to flirt for most of the night which I guess ticked her off. Naturally I had to find out through the grapevine, very much like junior high.

Nothing happened between Detroit and I because I'm not that kind of girl. Frankly I thought they were just friends because she had been talking about flirting with the concierge at our hotel. But girls can be territorial and downright mean at times.

Since I wanted everyone to get along and for things to be peaceful, I apologized to her and said I wouldn't flirt with him again. I take responsibility for my actions even though I strongly disagree with her reaction. Had she pulled me aside herself and asked me to stay away from him, we could've prevented any further problems. Instead we had to hash through things several times with several people in the ensuing 24 hours.

Haven't seen Detroit yet, he has been diving all day. We'll see if I'm even allowed to talk to him and be friendly. I certainly can't stop a man from being interested in me. :) Sometimes it's tough to be so damn cute!

Enjoy yourself wherever you are and I'll raise a glass in your honor tonight!

Someone's thinking of you in Cozumel...

Lara

No comments: