Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Cave

If you know what I'm talking about when I refer to this phrase, read on. If not, it probably won't matter to you.


Apparently this is a guy thing - they go into The Cave when trying to solve problems. I'm not sure if that's what is happening in my current situation or if it's something else (John Gray calls it Rubberbanding). This seems to have happened each time I have seen the current man. We hang out, have a great time and then I leave and he doesn't call for a few weeks. We might chat online but that's it. Then he calls, we set a new date, he calls more frequently as the visit approaches until we see each other again.


Of course this is just an observation and may not hold up this time. He simply may not call again and we may not set another date to visit. We never made any firm plans for another visit and we may have broken some boundaries on this one. I do wonder if we got too close and it made him uncomfortable..it's possible. Our history is a checkered one to say the least and I wonder if we can overcome past experiences. I hope so but I guess time will be the best indicator.


In the meantime, I am trying to date and keep my options open. Love is a complicated bitch.

No comments: