Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Forward March

Yep each day I put one foot in front of the other and I keep going. It seems to be the only thing I can do at this point. I'm unusually positive about this whole experience. For the first time in many many years I am looking forward to finding a new man.


I don't necessarily like dating but perhaps I won't have to date to meet him. I can hope it will just happen and happen naturally, without effort. The only lasting relationships I've been in have simply happened. We've met, been friends and became more. Sometimes it happened quickly and sometimes it took years.


So I've chosen to heal and move on. I've chosen to focus on what will be and not what has been. Today does not have to dictate my tomorrow. Every situation and every circumstance is temporary. It's as permanent as we decide it will be. And I decided yesterday is not indicative of my tomorrow. Each day truly is a new possibility and I embrace it as such.


Naturally somedays I embrace a bit more than others but I keep that thought in my mind. And I still cry every now and again but it's a lot less frequent than it was last week. He just isn't worth the energy. There isn't a reason to pine over a man - ANY MAN - who refuses to see how mangificent I am. Forget him. Focus on me. My two sentences to live by!

No comments: