Monday, January 05, 2009

2008 - A Year in Review

Ok I completely LOVE surveys so here's one about a look back at 2008! Some of these questions are cheesy but I like cheesy. :)


1. Was 2008 good for you? Of course it was. It was outstanding in some respects.


2. What was your favorite moment of the year? Just one?! Seriously?!!! Moving into my new place is near the top of the list...joining the Optibike team was another...all of my CI dances were amazing...and a few others I won't mention here.


3. What was your worst moment of the year? Probably breaking up with Texas. It was hard.


4. Where were you when 2008 began? Where was I when 2008 began...I think I was in Wisconsin with my family. *sigh* I miss them so much it makes my heart ache.


5. Who were you with? See #4 - my family.


6. Where will you be when 2008 ends? Um it already did. I was at home in bed by myself. It's definitely not my favorite memory of 2008!


7. Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008? I don't make resolutions. I set goals and I go after them. I achieved a few - I got another freelance client; I fell in love and I moved to Boulder (where I was not living until mid-January of 2008).


8. Do you have a new years resolution for 2009? I have 3 goals for 2009: replace my Gunbarrel job with income from teaching and facilitating. I am going to Ireland to celebrate my birthday. I am participating in a copywriting coaching program in 2009.


9. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes absolutely.


10. If yes, with who? We're only using codenames here - it was Texas.


11. Are you still in love? No.


12. Did you breakup with anyone in 2008? Yes hence the reason I am no longer in love with him.


13. Did you make any new friends in 2008? Quite a few actually.


14. Who are your favorite new friends? This sounds like a question for junior high kids. ;) My dancing friends and my roommate - they are my favorite new friends.


15. What was your favorite month of 2008? Well duh May of course - it's my birthday month. I also enjoyed October quite a bit as I always do. It's my 2nd favorite month.


16. Why this month? I already answered that question in #15.


17. Did you travel outside of the US (or your home country) in 2008? Sadly no but I will in 2009!


18. How many different places did you travel to in 2008? Not many, it was a slow year for me travel-wise.


19. Did you miss anybody in the past year? Wow I really wish I could remember where I got these questions because they sound like something you'd think up if you were 13 and trying to pass the time in your lame *ss junior high Composition class. Yes I missed quite a few people in 2008.


20. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? I have no idea...wait yes I do: Twilight. Well not really - Rob Pattinson is just flippin' hot. I enjoyed Benjamin Button. I watched quite a few Bond movies and loved them all except Thunderball which has to be lamest Bond movie EVER.


21. What was your favorite song from 2008? 

Seriously? One song? I dunno - anything by David Gray, Steve Carlson or Norah Jones. I'm sure there are others but only those are coming to mind.


22. How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? A bunch.


23. Did you have a favorite concert in 2008? No.


24. What was your favorite book in 2008? Duh, Twilight at least in the fiction realm...Midnight Sun doesn't qualify because it's still being written. After that I'd have to say Goddesses and Angels by Doreen Virtue. There are tons of others in the non-fiction realm - I'm a very avid reader.


25. How many people did you sleep with in 2008? What?! You think I'm going to post that on the Internet? You're nuts.


26. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Nope. I'm not ashamed of things I do - I always know I'm doing the best I can at any moment in time.


27. What was the biggest lie you told in 2008? I rarely lie.


28. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? Well yes - most of my fellow drivers. I hate how most other people drive!


29. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? Yes...there were 3 in particular but we won't name names.


30. What was your proudest moment of 2008? Quitting my crappy job...landing my gig with Optibike...writing for Dr. Mercola's web site every month...teaching my first writing classes and finding out people actually enjoyed them!


31. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? Oh heavens I say stupid crap almost daily...it's my Gemini in Mercury retrograde. I have flighty blonde moments a lot.


32. 
If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?


33. Where did you work in 2008? Sports Authority, a web marketing firm in Gunbarrel, Optibike in North Boulder and for myself.


34. 
Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? Supernatural. I also like Secret Millionaire on Fox.


35. Favorite Band(s) of 2008? See earlier question about favorite song.


36. Favorite Food in 2008? I always love food regardless of what year it is.


37. Favorite Drink in 2008? Beer is good. I've been introduced to soda water as well and it's quite yummy.


38. Favorite Place in 2008? I spent my birthday at a retreat/spa called Shoshoni. It was amazing.




 39. Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008? Everyone who is currently in my life. :)


40. Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008? Everyone who is currently in my life. :)


41. Favorite trip in 2008? Ahhh probably the hair-raising adventure to Nederland last month.


42. Favorite stores in 2008? Nordstrom's Rack and DSW but I'm not much of a shopping queen.


43. Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008? Breaking up with TX and being in CO for Christmas (sans my immediate fam).


44. Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? There were tons of 'em...too many to recap.


45. Funniest moment(s) in 2008? I think there were a lot of those too!

No comments: