Monday, April 24, 2006

Questions from the NPG web site

NPG stands for New Power Generation - it's Prince's web site. I do love the little Purple Man. I enjoy killing time and answering quirky questions so here are a few they sent to members in an email: 1. If Prince decided 2 give up music and become a waiter, would u go 2 his job and heckle him? I would never heckle Prince but I would kindly thank him for the incredible music he has created and shared with us. 2. What do u put on ur pizza? Just cheese usually - sometimes black olives. I'm trying to branch out with artichoke hearts and peppers too. 3. Is milk really just cow mucous? (a fair question) Yes and if you knew how cows are forced to produce milk, you might consider not drinking it. I avoid it except in baked goods and drink soy. It ain't so bad folks - especially the chocolate. :) Hmmmmm...chocolate. 4. Favorite unreleased Prince track? Um, if it's unreleased how would I know it? 5. Did u know WB can only release one more "greatest hits" package and then it's finally OVER? Will u buy it or just play ur old copies? Probably play my old copies - unless they are too worn out and skip (which they have been for awhile actually) OR if there was a significant amount of unreleased songs on it. I'd still strongly consider finding this material elsewhere since Prince won't make much off the sale and the record company garners so much. 6. Has anybody in the club ever met a record xecutive in person? Ever seen one of them dance? Nope and nope. 7. Where do u hear new music most? Some online, some on the radio, some from other folks 8. How often do u buy music? Once a month of late! 9. Will u ever give up CDs completely and just go 100% online 4 all ur music needs? I guess at some point I'll have to but I don't have that capability right now - no iPod and no downloading capabilities at home. 10. 1st music U ever purchased was: I think it was Michael Jackson's Thriller or that song Monster Mash - not sure which came first in our house. 11. Last music U purchased was: Going to pick up new Herbie Hancock! I also bought John Mayer's Heavier Things and She Wants Revenge. 12. Is download piracy in the news merely a smokescreen 2 actually teach people how 2 do it. ( IE: The I-Pod ) :) Leading a horse 2 greener pasture perhaps? Possibly - hadn't considered it but I doubt it. 13. Have u made any new friends in the club since joining? Ah, no. 14. Can art and business ever truly coexist in harmony? Ah, no. Well probably but not in perfect 50/50 harmony. Interesting point to consider for sure.

No comments: