Monday, April 24, 2006

A Weekend of Oddities

My weekend had some weird moments. Sat AM for starters: I came home from a party (yes completely sober) at around 2am. I found a pretty tangerine-colored cat wandering around the front of my apartment building. She snuggled up to me and I noticed she had owner tags. She was well-groomed, friendly and completely declawed. I decided to take her in being that it was 2am and she was a 1/2 mile from home. Well I have no milk in my house - only chocolate soymilk which I thought might make her vomit - nor did I have any tuna. So the poor cat only cat some petting and some water. She was fine with that and followed me all over the house until I tried to sleep. She wasn't havin' that and meowed until I let her roam the apartment on her own. Eventually I fell asleep and she explored. When I awoke at 9am, she was gone. I searched all over the apartment with no sign of her. Somehow she had gotten out and wandered home. I knew this because later in the afternoon her owner called me back & left a message saying Simone was safe at home. Just plain weird. And yesterday another weird incident: I was crossing the street near my house when a driver came to the stop sign. He continued to inch forward as I crossed the street and damn near hit me. He made a derogatory comment to me and I asked him if he could learn how to stop at the sign. He told me to get off my cell phone and look before crossing the street. I flipped him off and kept walking..after which he called me a moron. The fact that there are people in this world who think it's acceptable to treat another human being in this manner is upsetting to me. I was a pedestrian and he had to stop for the stop sign. It's not illegal for me to walk & talk on my cell phone. I spoke quietly and wasn't bothering anyone. It was as simple as that. To call someone a hurtful name like that because you feel like it? That's not ok and it never will be. Clearly the man has other issues - let's all hope he has not and never will procreate. And of course we can secretly wish his tires to go flat on the highway. It would serve him right. I guess it's not so much a weird incident as I thought but it upset me and I thought I'd share. End of the weirdness..back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: