Friday, April 07, 2006

Ponderances

My true confession: I've done some stupid things for love. And I would probably still do them today. A friend and I were talking about life and fate and The Powers That Be the other day - in particular their relation to love. It made me think and think for a length of time. Who really chooses love? Does it choose us? Do we choose it? Or does it happen individually? And how karmically intertwined are all of our choices? If we demand love once and then brush it off when it finds us, are we karmically doomed the next time love knocks? Or will it skip right past us on its next global run to spread Cupid's arrows? I wish I had an answer to one - or any - of those questions but I don't. I do however believe in having a vision of life and having an idea of what you will ask of our love relationship. I firmly stand by the philosophy that you get what you demand in life. And conversely what you settle for. Taking ownership within your life is a strong turnet in my armor and I believe in doing so in all aspects and all opportunities. Ownership is a process however - just like anything else. Often we go through denial, doubt, evasion - all of that and other emotions - before we come to a place of acceptance and acknowledgement of ourselves and our own inner power. I've felt all of those things at different times and have worked through all of them into a place where I believe I bring things into my life - good or bad - and I must deal with them accordingly. Whether or not that's even true isn't a consideration for me - it's the reality I've created for myself. It is harsh at times but it's also immensely satisifying at other times. I'll take the good with the bad any time to reach that level of personal enjoyment and satisfaction.

No comments: