Monday, October 09, 2006

Paypal Sucks

We've all tried to reach the customer service departments of our multitude of credit card companies, cell phone providers and bank institutions. Currently I'm holding with Paypal. I can't even go into the myriad of trillions of reasons I bloody HATE PAYPAL. The web site won't let me change my address (I recently moved...for the 8th time in 2 years..that's not an exaggeration folks. The address book makers adore me and all of my friends hate me for the same reason). I can't confirm my new address because I don't have a landline and I'm not at any of the old addresses they have on file. I've been passed around between Customer Service, the Resolutions Department (who knew they couldn't resolve something in the one department designed just for that - resolutions??) and now I'm back to the Customer Service Department. The CS people are in the process of passing me off yet again to the Resolutions Department.


Now I understand they must run a very secure site..hell I want them to because I've got bank accounts and credit card info on it. But how many of us today have landline phone numbers? A good majority of folks today have only cell phones. I live and die with mine. So why not update this one little blip? Why must I spend 45 minutes explaining my predicament to 5 different people? Paypal serves a purpose and for the most part it does it pretty well. But after the hoops I've had to run through to simply change my bleepin' address, I curse it! And I will never allow clients to pay me through Paypal EVER EVER again.


Wish me luck- I'm still holding.

No comments: