Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sick+Birthdays = Bad

The only thing worse than being sick is being sick on your birthday. Thankfully I've just been sick this week and not on my actual birthday (which is coming up - Saturday the 17th). Still feeling this crummy is not fun.


I came down with the flu on Tuesday. It all began with a tickle in my throat on Monday afternoon and within 24 hours, I had a minor fever, chills, an achy body and a very sore throat. After fighting it for 1/2 the day on Tuesday, I left work and crawled into bed where I basically camped out for the next 1.5 days. It was the suck.


I had no appetite (still don't really), was chilled (while still sweating enough to wet my clothes) and ached all over.


But the worst has seemed to pass and today I only have a cough and a slightly stuffy head. Still no appetite which is awful. I LOVE food.


But enough complaining. My birthday is around the corner (2 days!!) and I am certain my 32nd year on this planet is going to be even better than the previous 31 (which were pretty good years by all accounts).


And to kick off the celebration, I'm giving my 2 week notice today. My verbal offer finally became a written offer and I'm leaving TSA. As of May 29th, I will no longer be in my current role. I will be venturing into new unchartered territory. Well ok only loosely charted territory because I have been self-employed before but this time I'm working my way back to that status with greater ease & elegance.


So off I go on another adventure. :) Wish me luck - this will be fun!

No comments: