Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 13

Well it's been 10 days since my last update. But at least I am here now! So much has happened in those 10 days...it's been a bit overwhelming to be honest.



I've cried almost every day in those 10 days and at times the tears have come from nowhere. They have all had a deep-seated center where they have stemmed from though.



Through a series of realizations (or what TPP calls "reflections") I see now that I always put others first in every situation. Rarely if ever in my life have I exercised my own voice, my own resonance and my own purpose (more on purpose later).



But when I have spoken my truth it has been liberating, joyful and incredibly powerful.



The few examples I can give you include moving to Colorado, moving to Boulder and choosing writing as my lifelong profession.



I haven't always gone into each of these situations with a full acknowledgment of my purpose and my intent - at least not a fully conscious acknowledgment - but it has always been there. And each of those decisions have been so transformative there can be little doubt that they were authentic decisions.



In essence what I am trying to say (in my somewhat blathering explanation) is that these decisions have been in line with what my heart and soul told me is my purpose.



Today I was at a coffee shop reading a book called "The Power of Purpose" and within a few short chapters I realized I have been on a quest to find my purpose. Reading the words the author shares and the stories he weaves I began to understand 2009 is going to be a powerful year for me. I am leaving my 3 day PT job to focus on copywriting on a full-time basis. I am going to teach somewhere in some capacity at least 1 day per week and I am also going to take a few weeks (or months) and travel.



My heart longs to see the world and I have denied it for far too long. I have always let money or other people be obstacles on that path. There will be no more obstacles, I am removing them and I am following my bliss.



Right now the only thing I know for sure is that my bliss involves much more writing, teaching and traveling.



No longer will I stifle my own voice, my own hopes and my own passions for anyone else. No one.

No comments: