Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Rock and a Hard Place

Yes it's been awhile since I updated this blog and you dear reader. Well here's a quick recap: I finally found a new home, a new contract gig to pay for the new home and a new roommate. Sounds great right? Like many things it is in theory but the paper version is another story.


The home is lovely - downtown Boulder 2 bedroom condo that's reasonably quiet and has been well-maintained.


It's nice to live and commute via bus a majority of the time.


The real issue is the roommate. He's wonderful - and that's the problem. He's too wonderful and I seem to have fallen for him while he continues to date. In fact there's someone in our home right now.


I truly am in a difficult spot. He's great to be with and he's easy to live with. We get along and agree on many things and are great friends.


And if I had met him in any other setting I would've asked him out or found a way to make feelings a bit clearer. When I initially met him he said he wasn't really interested in a relationship right now so I kept my mouth shut. I thought if I brought up my attraction it wouldn't lead to anything...and I'd lose a potential roommate in the process along with a potentially great friend (which he has become).


Part of me still thinks I did the right thing but another part of me wishes I had avoided this whole uncomfortable situation.


But now I've signed a lease and it would be a challenge to get out of it. I have no idea what to do so I'll just be with this and let go of my emotional attachment...and I'll probably go on a few dates too.

No comments: