Thursday, December 18, 2008

Emotional Meltdown

So yesterday was not a peak day in the history of my existence. It was overall sub-par but I am still grateful for the experience.


It seems something set off my roommate and he sent me an email detailing all the things he does that I should be grateful for.


Although he may not have intended this it did have a condescending, bitchy tone. Frankly it sounded like a high-strung hysterical woman wrote it. And I was pretty upset when I read it.


He also made a point of telling me he thinks I act like he's my boyfriend and he's NOT (his emphasis).


That part I'm not so sure where it came from ... well I'm not sure where the whole thing came from. It was a very unwelcome emotional outpouring that seemed completely unnecessary and extreme in my opinion. And I take that stance simply because he didn't take much ownership of his emotions and his responses.


He simply put it all on my lap.


While I believe we should all express ourselves I also believe we need to take actions and make changes so whatever caused the upset can be remedied in the future.


In other words I don't believe in bitching just to bitch. Vent, do something about it and get over it.


I simply responded to his email by saying I will help out more with this and this around the house, thank you for everything you do.


If I didn't have to live with him for at least 4 more months I would've said other things using very choice words. But I took the mature route. And I've decided I'm not investing much more in an emotional friendship with him. I can't open up and worry that in another month or two he's going to vent and hurt me again.


And I have absolutely NO desire to see him as anything other than a roommate.





In Other News


And that leads me to other men in my life...or a lack thereof! I spent a bit of time with the Scorpio boy last weekend. I helped him move on Saturday night and for part of Sunday.


I was glad to help because I know how crummy it is to move. And he was appreciative. He bought lunch for me and a friend on Sunday and also invited me to hang out with him after the moving. We went to a local bar and watched football.


I have to stay when he invited me along my jaw nearly hit the floor. I don't think he's ever done that and it was very sweet. I enjoyed hanging out with him. We'll see if it happens again but regardless it was a pleasant surprise.


And those are the surprises I like! :)


That's about it for now. I'll post again before the end of the year - perhaps with a top 10 highlights of the year post? That'd be fun!!

No comments: