Friday, March 10, 2006

Why oh why?

Why do men act the way they do? And why do women act so dayum crazy? The two eternally asked questions that may never be answered. I went out with a guy from eHarmony about 2 weeks ago. We had a decent time - not a toe-tingling night but an okay night nonethless. He asked - several times - if I wanted to see him again. I said yes - both times he asked. He emailed after the date (2 days after proving he's not needy or so The Rules would have us believe) and asked again. I was ultra-busy at work and emailed him a few days later saying yes it would be fine to get together again so long as it's understood that I need to take things slowly. I was honest and forthright. And do you know what happened? I never heard back from him. And at this point, if he did email/phone/telepathetically contact me, I'd tell him to jump in an icy stream (we only have streams here in Colorado - large bodies of water are non-existent). Seriously - what the hell?? Because I took 3 days to write back and asked to move things slowly, suddenly I'm not as interesting? Whatever. So I'm back to Square One. No dates, no potentials (the one guy I was interested in now has a girlfriend because as we all know, good men don't stay single for long if they don't want to. Good women on the other hand can stay single for an eternity. Another long unsolved mystery in the history of humankind's existence) and I'm not happy about it. I'm dealing but I'm not thrilled. I'm out of the online dating pool - I just don't like it. So if any of you out there know of a good man in Colorado, send him my way. Peace out & enjoy your weekend. I'm certainly going to - man or no man.

No comments: