Monday, July 17, 2006

End of the World

I was in church the other day (gasp!) and the pastor was speaking about the end of days. He wasn't talking about the upcoming end of the world days. He was saying the days are not coming, they are here. And as we live within them, we must learn how to get through them and carry ourselves forward...how to persevere and continue humanity in the face of a collapsing world and fallen morals.

It was an interesting way to view today's world events. There's a lot going on out there and he was trying to help us make sense of it. I don't know if his explanation cut it for me but there's nothing to be lost by living in that vein. And let's all say a prayer our fearless leader doesn't fuck things up any more than he already has. Maybe we should say a few prayers.

The general state of world affairs pretty much sums up my general state. I am dog-sitting in a little mountain home about 50 minutes outside of Denver. It's beautiful up here; the air is clear heavily scented with thick woodsy pine. And the view is breath-taking: the snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide dot the skyline. It's incredible.

And I'm terribly lonely. I've had 5 or 6 job interviews within the span of roughly 2 weeks and I've had just one call-back. I don't feel like I'm getting closer to landing something and I'm running out of things to do with myself up here. My car is jacked up and shouldn't be driven if I can avoid it. So I'm stuck inside, online and watching TV. But I will be working on my book tomorrow and will hike with the dogs again so long as it stays reasonably cool up here.

And of course, I'll post again and update y'all. Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments: