Sunday, May 06, 2007

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I once met a man who had a gorgeous BMW sedan and he wanted to get personalized plates. So when I asked him what those plates were going to say he told me "Easy Like Sunday Morning".

I was so appalled at the idea of slapping a Lionel Richie song on the front and back end of a sleek German racehorse that I truly couldn't imagine dating him again. Ever. But do you think I listened to that woman's intuition? Nope. I went out with him once more and had the worst date of my entire life.

He took me to a Brewers game...which is always a huge plus in my book (any baseball game for that matter)...but then proceeded to sit in TGIFriday's and watch the game on the TV. The TV! The horror.

The absolute audacity shocked me. He actually told me he thought watching the game on the TV in TGIFriday's was just as good as watching it in the stands.

My dear friends, it is not just as good. It's not even remotely close to being as good. Listening to the game in a hammock in your backyard on the radio with a tall, cool glass of lemonade is better than sitting in friggin' TGIFriday's.

It's an absolute tease to sit near the stands...near the sweet smell of peanuts, the crack of a bat and the soft scent of the newly-mowed grass. An absolute tease. An insult to all true baseball fans everywhere.

And the fact that I explained this to him and he still didn't care told me to ditch him and forget it.

So I finally did and that was that.

My point to this whole story is that it's damn near summer (although you'd never know it by Colorado temperatures and freezing rain), baseball has begun and I'm heading to the ballpark! It's my birthday on the 17th and we're going to catch a Brewers game the weekend after.

Who's coming with me?!

No comments: