Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm Officially Done

Done with men - done trying, done thinking about, done trying to understand them. I know one thing to be true and it is this: if a man doesn't make an effort to see you, talk to you and generally get to know you intimately..he's not interested. And if you ever doubt his interest, you're right. It's not there.


I know this from experience and plenty of heartaches..chalk the last one up to the same. I should've listened to my inner voice several weeks ago and let it go. But I didn't so instead of crying then I'm crying now. And I'm letting it go.


But the nagging question as always is - why? Why don't the men I'm interested in return my interest? In 6.5 years one man has done this (this doesn't include several men who weren't single). I have no idea. I wish I knew. I wish my heart truly believed there was at least one more chance for love but it doesn't. I would welcome the chance to explore that possibility with a wonderful man but he isn't coming around so I'm putting that hope away...maybe I should put it in what my mom calls my "hopeless chest". Who knew she'd be so right?


I'm exhausted, my cold is not gone and I hurt all over..whether that is from emotional aches or physical ailments I don't know. But I'm done. I've had it.


Even chocolate can't fix this one and you know that's serious.

No comments: