Monday, April 07, 2008

Self-indulgent

That's really what this blog is for me. It's just my place to rant & rave about my life. I realize I share lessons and experiences that may help others but really this blog is just self-indulgence with my name plastered all over it. ;)

And I'm ok with that. I need a place to talk about my experiences and sort things out so I improve them the next go-round. Because there's always a next go-round!

Tonight I have another counseling session. Again more self-indulgence and I enjoy it. I like that I get to talk about myself for an hour and hopefully gain some more insights into my behaviors and actions.

Anyway, on to the self-indulgent portion of the entry. My weekend was pretty good overall. I cried very little which was nice. I feel like I am healing and growing.

I'm incredibly grateful for the gift of love. For being able to love someone and for being able to accept his love in return. Hopefully he felt the same gift and is happy for the experience. And I do hope for his healing to be complete and for him to experience all the happiness there possibly is.

Friday night I went home after a long walk at Wash Park. I read a little, ate ice cream (I love Rocky Road) and went to bed.

Saturday was my usual morning of volunteering then I went to our first farmer's market of the season! Woo hoo!!! It actually kinda sucked because there was very little produce but that's to be expected this time of the year. I'm simply ecstatic that the market has opened!

After the farmer's market (and an oh-so-yummy lunch of mole corn tamales), I went to the library to work on a freelance project for Dr. Mercola.

2 hrs later I headed outside to sit by the river and watch the ducks. It was beautiful!

While there, I wrote for a bit - am working on putting together a writing class for Longmont Free University - watched the ducks some more and then went to Ideal Market to pick up some food.

Saturday night I watched Enchanted with a friend. It's such a wonderful movie! I loved it and think I will buy the DVD and the soundtrack.

Normally I avoid most movies that are musicals (I may be the only person in the world who doesn't like Sound of Music) but this one I loved.

Perhaps it's the princess aspect of it (what girl doesn't want to be a princess? Speaking of which I have to buy my tiara before my birthday next month...) or the fairy-tale-dreams-come-true theme or that McDreamy is in it. Or any combination thereof. Whatever the reason, I loved it. It's absolutely delightful and I highly recommend it - especially if you are hanging out with little girls.

Sunday I did next to nothing - didn't even go to church (I was putting the finishing touches on my copy for Dr. Mercola and before I knew it, it was after 10am). But it was relaxing and that was the important part.

Overall, good weekend. Hope yours was too!

No comments: