Sunday, September 17, 2006

Inconsiderate

There are many things in this world I can tolerate - whiney pop stars, the layer of smog over Denver, crappy drivers and people who can't manage their children and then put themselves on TV for all the world to see (why the F would you want the world to know what a shitty parent you are? You should be burying your head in the sand..and your child's head too for that matter because no one wants to be around your snot-nosed ill-mannered devil spawn). I can tolerate that shit...barely.


But I have come to one conclusion this weekend about what I cannot tolerate: inconsiderate people of this world. Currently there are two of them in my life. One is a former friend who has consistently stood me up for evenings out over the last two months. She stood me up twice this weekend. That's the last time that will happen.


The other is my roommate. She has a new puppy. There was never any mention of a possibility of a dog in my apartment. There was no discussion about how I might feel having a 5 pound mutt shitting and pissing all over my place of domicile. No thoughts about how much I HATE smelling like a dog and picking dog hair off of everything I own. None of that.


Personally I do love dogs. But there's a reason I don't have one right now. And honestly there's no reason for my roommate to have one. We're talking about the girl who can't put her damn dirty dishes in the dishwasher until they are smelly and growing bacterial cultures. How the fuck does she think she's going to care for a dog? Not very well that's how. Which is exactly why I am convinced there will be piss on the floor and dogshit around every corner...and that is why I'm angry. If she could take care of it and not bother me with any of it, that would be just fine and dandy. But I'm 98% sure it's not going to go down that way.


And this appears to be a co-purchase with her infant boyfriend (I call anyone between the ages of 18-23 an infant..if you are 24-26 you're a toddler...27-29 is a tween and 30-34 is a teen). Brilliant idea - I'm sure they thought it would be good preparation for when they have children. Again, brilliant.


Who wants to lay bets they'll be on one of those goddamn awful parenting reality TV shows in the next 5 years? Heaven help me to get out of this place.

No comments: