Thursday, February 16, 2006

Eekk

It looks like I lost that last post I started. It wasn't anything terribly important! Yesterday was a crap day - got off to a bad start with random meetings and unfulfilled client requests. It seemed I could do nothing to help people and the people came in droves. It did improve slightly in the afternoon and my evening yoga session sent me home in an even state of bliss. Yoga always, always, always calms me and adds a pick-me-up at the end of my day. Just walking into my studio is soothing! However I was perturbed to realize I missed part of the short track 1000m heats - I missed Rusty's heat. I did see Apolo qualify and then I watched some incredible skating during the team relay. It was fantastic! To the inexperienced eye, short track relay races look like mass chaos on skates. But once you understand what's going on, who's supposed to be where and can train your eyes to follow - it's amazing. Great skating by the US team. It certainly helped when Japan & Italy fell & dropped off by a 1/2 lap. DQs followed later allowing Italy to qualify for the finals. The finals air Saturday night for both the 1000m & the 5000m relay. You know where I will be!! Tonight I am supposed to run with a friend and then go to a book signing. I want to do neither - I simply want to go home, call a few friends, read a book & watch some Olympics. We'll see. I may be a bum and opt out of both. I haven't been home at all this week. Monday I ran after work and through a series of unfortunate events, I didn't make it home til 9pm. Tuesday was Anti-Valentine's Day and last night was dinner & yoga. Maybe tonight will be the night for some quality Lara time. :)

No comments: