Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Weekend wrap-up

Well I realize it's Tuesday but this is the first second I've had to post. My weekend was all right. Friday night was my first real date and it turned out to be my last. I've decided I'm not ready to get out there just yet - I need a little more healing time. It upsets me that this past relationship has caused a lot of heartache but that's life I guess. At least I've had the internal knowledge & insight to know that before I've hurt anyone. So back to the single life for me. Saturday I snowshoed and sucked it up. I was pretty exhausted after a short hike with relatively little elevation gain. So I've now added interval training to my weekly work-outs and hopefully that will help. And if it doesn't, I've got to figure out a way to deal with altitude. Saturday night I went to dinner with a few friends at a place called Proto's. We sat in the tiny entrance area for 40 minutes, waiting to eat. Now do you know why we waited 40 min? Because 2 men decided they needed to have coffee for the entire duration of those 40 minutes. There were 3 of us waiting to eat and we needed a larger table that seated all of us. There were several larger groups seated but none of them had eaten yet. These 2 men - the coffee clutchers - had finished their meals & had finished dessert just as we walked in. I thought they were incredibly rude to dawdle over coffee (3 refills mind you) while the 3 of us stood in the cramped entranceway. So after 40 minutes, a table opened up. And do you know which one it was? NOT the coffee clutchers. Another group left and we took that table. You may ask why wait that long? Why not go somewhere else? Well it's the principle of it. Once you've committed more than 10 minutes some place, you're in. If you leave, you have to start the whole process over again and for all you know, there may be 7 groups of coffee clutchers at the next place you try to eat. We dug in our heels, I glared at the coffee clutchers and made threatening comments under my breath and we stayed. Was the food worth it? I don't know if any food is worth a 40 minute coffee clutcher wait. But Proto's was good. The sparkling wine I drank was excellent, the pizza fresh & tasty and the chocolate cannoli (spelling??) was DIVINE. It may have been the most exquisite chocolate dessert I've ever had. Well maybe not ever but definitely Top Five classification. And people I eat a lot of chocolate, I know a thing or two. :) And Sunday I did next to nothing - watched some Olympics, read a book, went for a walk & talked on the phone for awhile. Overall, pretty dull but that's what Sundays are for - leisure time. Adios to last week & welcome to this week! Enjoy your week folks.

No comments: