Monday, February 20, 2006

Tired, Wired & Rewired

I had quite possibly the most boring & uneventful weekend of my life this past weekend. Denver's temps hovered in the single digits, dipping below zero frequently. I don't do frigid air like that - ridiculous I say. Human beings aren't meant to endure such tundra-esque weather. I HATE cold and it makes me cranky. Let me define cold for you before you get up in arms about my Wisconsin heritage & call me a pansy for not liking the cold. Cold according to my terms is anything under 15 degrees be that wind chill or not. If it's below 15, I ain't doin' a dayum thing. PERIOD. So that's what I did this weekend - nothing. I called a few friends, called my family, walked to a nearby thrift store & bought a new top and purse, and read 2 books. Yep, 2 books start to finish. I also worked on my book proposal but barely. Saturday night I did make it a friend's house - Sean's - and we watched the Olympics. I was mainly interested in the short-track and boy was there some skatin' to be watched!!! 3 heats of the men's 1000m and two Olympic records (one set by Rusty Smith and then later broken by Ahn Hyun-Soo of Korea). It was incredibly tight final - Ahn won the silver, his teammate Lee Ho-Suk and Apolo Ohno took home the bronze. If you didn't catch it, you missed out. Never fear! The 500m is Wednesday night - Apolo is the only American skating - and Saturday night is the crazy, hectic & often cataclysmic 5,000m relay. Five teams will be competing in this race - all 4 members of each team will be on the ice. It's fun to watch so tune in!

No comments: