Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Insomniacs for yoga

Today is another day in Lara's land of the grouchies. I'm a complete and absolute crab ass - hence I'm posting here and not working like I should. Ever since I've moved to Colorado, I've been an intermittent insomniac. There will be times I cannot sleep for a few days (not much more than several hrs at a time anyway) or a few weeks. Then it will pass and I'll be fine for several months. I'm afraid the insomnia is back. I awoke around 3:15am this morning and after seeing The Exorcism of Emily Rose, I freaked myself out for the entire hour (and I'm pretty darn sure I heard weird noises at one point). But by 5:45am, I fell back to sleep til about 7:45am...which meant I didn't go to my morning yoga class. Yoga has replaced my weight training because I don't go to the gym. I don't belong to a gym anymore because the cost of the Y is too high. And the Y is one of the few gyms close to my apartment. If it ain't close, it ain't happenin'..period. So instead I run, walk to work, hike or snowshoe and go to yoga. Yoga is an incredibly uplifting experience for me so when I miss it or can't fit it in, I get disappointed. I don't know if I'll make it at all this week because my social calendar is jam-packed. I gotta fit it in at some point though or I'm gonna get even crankier...and that's no good!

No comments: