Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Growing closer and moving forward?

Life is always interesting - and usually that interesting adjective is preceded by a challenge...especially in relationships.


I wrote a few weeks ago about lack of time with Texas and how it was affecting us. It still is. We haven't spent much time together since then even though we talk almost every day - often via email throughout the day.


Well he spoke with his daughters about meeting me and they weren't too happy with the idea. In my opinion, it's a pretty natural response on their part. But he was upset by it and is concerned about upsetting them any further. They have adjusted well to living in 2 homes and having their parents apart; he doesn't want to make life any more difficult for them and I respect that.


Again in my opinion, if we slowly take our time introducing and integrating me into their lives, they will adjust. I don't expect it be butterflies and lollipops but I don't anticipate World War III either.


But it has really come down to what he wants to do next...if he wants our relationship to grow and move forward or not.


There's a big part of me that thinks he doesn't, that he is happy with where he is at in his life and doesn't see the need to add me and complicate matters. And it would complicate life for both of us and for his girls.


I think it would be worth it.


I guess this may be one time when love really doesn't conquer all. He will let me know by the end of the weekend I guess. Wish me luck and love.

No comments: