Saturday, August 26, 2006

Randomness

Randomness is for the ambling you are about to read. I have no discernible rhyme or reason for my observations today, they are just thoughts flying about randomly.


Today I was walking back from a short trip to the Queen Soopers in my 'hood when I a bug flew directly into my forehead. It stung like a MFer. When I got home, I checked my forehead and sure enough it had literally stung me. Twice. I now have two oversized zit-like marks above my right eye. Very attractive...not to mention the pain lightning down to my eyebrow.


Weddings are the subject of an upcoming Oprah show...extravagant celebrity bashes in particular. I myself have no desire to throw a million dollar gala for this particular event. In fact, given my way I will elope. Well not in the strictest sense of the word but I do want to run off to the Cook Islands or Key West with my husband-to-be and invite our friends. I want my immediate family there and his as well but that's about it.


Being the reasonable woman I am however I am willing to negotiate. If for some obscure twist of all laws of Nature I find a man who has heart set on a non-elopement wedding, I may be open to suggestions. However he'll have to understand I will be entitled to become a She-bitch for the entire planning process. Nobody wants that, I can guarantee it.


Yesterday had its ups and downs. I awoke at 5am for no particular reason which meant I was bound to be an ugly demon all day - I love my sleep. So I woke up, ran close to 4 miles and came home. Off I drove to a friend's house to work on an award submittal for which she paid me. And then I made my way to an interview where I was promptly told Spanish is basically a requirement. NOT what the ad said so I am afraid I'm back to square one. Keep your fingers crossed that something pops up this week.


This week I'm in Longmont to do some pet-sitting and finish up a couple of freelance projects. Should be fun times!

No comments: