Saturday, August 26, 2006

Top Seven Things I Hate About My Life Right Now

I haven't had a bitch-a-thon in awhile. Today I feel the need to vent. Here are the top seven things I hate about my life right now. Don't worry, I'll follow it up with my favorite seven things in a minute.


1. My apartment.

Well the apartment is nice but my bedroom is a dank, dark hole. I am sure prison cells get more light. And my room ain't much bigger than a cell. I HATE it.

2. Ah, money.

Yeah that one is pretty obvious so we won't dwell on it. It will all work out soon I am absolutely positively certain.

3. Being alone so much.

There are days I barely talk to anyone in the flesh. I send emails and emails and emails but don't get many phone calls. Some of my friends return my calls promptly and others are quite busy. It does get lonely.

4. My goddamn car.

Kala is a lovely machine truly but she has 145,000 miles on her (roughly). And she has never enjoyed living in the higher altitude. She hates Colorado..which is unfortunate for her because we aren't moving home so she'll just have to live with it. I think she is punishing me for this because she demanded a new radiator last summer, new shocks & struts are currently in need as is a new exhaust manifold thingie (whatever the hell that is). She is acting like a spoiled brat. (Kala is the name of my car for those of you who didn't know or who weren't clever enough to figure that out).

5. Being in Colorado.

Ok that isn't what it seems at first glance. You must understand my sister entered college on Friday. It was her first day and I couldn't be there. How much does that suck? Yep, a lot. Being an older sister is a role in which I should be there for her through everything - first day of school (I was home for her first day of elementary school), first birthday (that's a story best told when I've been listening to She Wants Revenge too damn much), first date, first heartbreak (so I could kick his ass), etc. I am disappointed that I was not there to be with her. And to help my mom who is going to experience Empty Nest Syndrome even though my brother is still living at home. So yes I love Colorado but would've preferred to have been in Wisconsin this past week.

6. Not being where I would like to be.

I'm not the most patient person in the world - most definitely not patient with myself. Daily I remind myself that live is a continual journey that should be enjoyed every step of the way. It is not a sprint, it is not a dash to the finish line. In fact, there is no finish line. There is only tomorrow. I guess the only real thing I would change in respect to this is my finances. A steady flow of money would be good right now. (See yesterday's entry about my f'in laptop and you'll understand).

7. Having 7 things to list!

I should just get over it and focus on the good stuff! So that is what I'm going to do - list 7 things I am grateful for today.

No comments: