Sunday, August 13, 2006

Warm Fuzzies

For those of you who know me well you know I love the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Love it as in own 6 of the 7 seasons and have seen every episode at least twice..probably three times. Perhaps it makes me a freak in some circles but those aren't circles I care to become intertwined in. In truth it's my comfort blanket; I watch it when I'm down or when I need to feel better about life in general. I can always count on Buffy to be dealing with worse life situations than I am. And besides it's cool to see a tiny blonde chick kick some ass. I admit it, I want to be Buffy. Ok maybe not be here because that would be weird but I'd like to be able to kick ass whenever necessary. Being all of 5'1" and miniscule in stature, I can't always take down the bad guys. So I live vicariously through Buffy.

So this week had its ups and downs; I went on several interviews and wasted more gas. I finished a freelance project but haven't heard from my contact if she was happy with my work. I'm not sure if she'll want to do more work together or not and that's disconcerting. I'm hoping for more because it will help me break further into the business writing field. And that my friends is where the money is. I may get a 2nd interview for a full-time writing job that would pay 10 Gs more than I was making and I have a 2nd interview for a part-time job that would pay enough to live on while I had some time for freelancing. We'll see what comes to pass I guess. I'm not very good at the unknown holding pattern I'm in.

No other news really; I should be doing some pet-sitting next weekend in a nearby town. That will give me a bit more cash which I need right now - so long as I don't get a ticket for running a yellow in that damn town. What's the deal with photo red lights? Jesus. Hate those damn things. Either every town's intersections should have them or they shouldn't be around at all. Hate 'em.

That's the news for now - nothing too exciting or entertaining to discuss. I could go into world affairs but I just don't have the energy for it right now. I've been woken up by my roommate & her boyfriend's bedroom escapades and haven't been able to fully rest this weekend. And THAT is for an entirely different blog.

No comments: